YTheater is looking for an International Outreach Volunteer/Intern. We are currently booking our original play, Take Away, on an October 2015 tour of college campuses and communities in the northeastern USA. The International Outreach Volunteer/Intern will liaison with community leaders and directors. continue booking and coordinating logistics of the tour.
This is an opportunity to contribute to and participate in a visionary project, and to grow communication / networking skills under the guidance of Bonna Devora Haberman, director, academic, and activist. When rehearsals are in progress, observation of the rehearsal and performance process is also encouraged!
Responsibilities – in coordination with the director:
- Communicating by email and phone with prospective venue hosts
- Updating the co-directors
- Coordinating logistics of the tour: flights, transportation, lodging etc
- Recruiting a North American sound and lighting technician
- Seeking out and applying for funding
- strong writing, communication, and organizational skills
- experience in project management, production preferred
- theater familiarity desirable
Start date: April/May 2015
- Hours are flexible (10-20 hours a week)
- This is potentially a telecommuting position
About the company:
Co-directed by a Zionist, Bonna Devora Haberman, and a Palestinian nationalist, Kadar Herini, YTheater Project Jerusalem is a young and unique non-profit theater company. YTheater creates original plays based on workshops with artists who disagree about almost everything – politics, culture, narratives, land, and history. We come together not to try to change each other’s minds. We struggle, we do not whitewash. We face difference and difficulty with caring and respect. YTheater performs an inspiring model of collaboration. We engage audiences with insight and passion, grapple with conflict, space, and limited resources. Our current play, Take Away invokes a fresh discourse based on our common relationship with our environment.
Read and learn more about YTheater and our performances http://ytheater.org.
Please apply with a brief email and cv to email@example.com